Date of publication: 29-11-2018
Category: Legal updates
Following the implementation of article 4 of the sub-decree No. 198 ANKR.BK issued on June 4, 2018 on the amendment of article 4 of the Sub-decree No. 132 ANKR.BK issued on June 23, 2011, the Interior Ministry’s General Department of Identification has issued a call for action, on November 5, 2018, to register for the new version of Identity (ID) card before the validity expiration of the old version of ID card, which is occurring on December 31, 2018.
It added that the renewal is compulsory.
1. Scope of individuals required to obtain the new version of ID card
As provided by the announcement, all Khmer citizens, male or female, aged between 15-years-old and above, holding the old version of ID card (or no ID card at all), are required to renew their ID card by the end of the year 2018.
2. Application process for the new version of ID card
In order to obtain the new version of ID card, individuals falling under the scope of the announcement need to apply for it at the following relevant authority:
- The Village or Commune Administrative police station or
- Town, District, Khan Inspection police station or
- Police Commissariat of Each City or Province that individuals reside in.
- Head office providing Khmer ID card at AEON Mall Sen Sok City located on Street Number 1003, Village Bayab, Commune/Sangkat Phnom Penh Thmey, Khan Sen Sok, Phnom Penh.